About Me

I am a crazy woman, funny and carefree but type A and anal all at the same time. I have two daughters and a Father who's a King...what more do I need?! My goal on this planet is to help His bride: literally (I plan weddings for a living!) and spiritually (I occasionally offer words of wisdom to loved ones...) Bless us all on this journey!

Jesus and His Girl

Jesus and His Girl

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturdays and Shrinky-Dinks

Well the high today reached 7 degrees. Sunny and 7, welcome to Northwest Indiana in January. That's not even the weird part; the weird part is that less than two weeks ago it was 62 degrees. God has a sense of humor with Hoosier weather! So it's Saturday and very cold out, and rather than watch tv ALL THE LIVELONG DAY (which is what my children would prefer) we've gotten creative. We baked cookies, played with our Heelies from Christmas(the most retarded invention ever, says the mommy), played Connect Four. The most favorite though was Shrinky Dinks! Remember those as a kid? They're right up there with Color Forms and Garbage Pail Kids for me. Color the plastic, cut it out, put it in the oven and they shrink. Of course they let off a smell as well, leading me to believe that the toxins in the melting plastic probably aren't too safe...and yet we'll pay the price for a little bit of nostalgia I guess!!! There's a cool store in Chicago in Wrigleyville on the north side called Strange Cargo, that has cool toys from when we were kids (think Brook Shield metal lunchboxes and KISS dolls). The kind of stuff that makes you go, "No! Way!" What kind of childhood memorabilia makes you guys do that?

3 comments:

Elizabeth F. said...

I've never heard of those. Sounds like something Zoe would want to do though. I dunno. I just remember Barbies and Cabbage Patch Dolls, Tinker Toys, and Pick up Sticks. I can't remember much else, but I'm sure if I saw some of that stuff I'd remember it. See how much fun I am? LOL!

Liz said...

I don't have a lot come to mind right off, my memory since Isaac just keeps getting worse......but I remember being really excited about getting a LiteBright! Also, I remember hulahoops and pogoballs, both of which I was terrible at!

Jenny W said...

does anyone remember Littles? they had a huge victorian dollhouse with furniture that really lit up, and the Little family was like and inch and a half tall, they were actually kindof expensive... i had the dollhouse and lost it in a fire when i was 21!