About Me

I am a crazy woman, funny and carefree but type A and anal all at the same time. I have two daughters and a Father who's a King...what more do I need?! My goal on this planet is to help His bride: literally (I plan weddings for a living!) and spiritually (I occasionally offer words of wisdom to loved ones...) Bless us all on this journey!

Jesus and His Girl

Jesus and His Girl

Friday, February 23, 2007

John 17

John chapter 17 is the last time Jesus was with His friends before He died. He knew His message would die with Him if He didn't impart its importance to this handful of men one last time. They would be responsible for making sure I WOULD SOMEDAY HEAR IT! Thank goodness they paid attention.
Anyway heard a message last week on how the most important theme in these few chapters in the middle of John is FRIENDSHIP. If Jesus is my friend I don't worry about disobeying Him, I worry about disappointing Him. If Jesus is my friend I get excited about the fact that friends share everything; He probably has a lot of cool stuff for me to play with and learn about!! If Jesus and I are friends I want to go with Him wherever He goes...and He wants to go with me wherever I go. If we're friends I want to introduce my other friends to Him. If we're friends He wants to laugh with me, cry with me, watch chick flicks with me, watch my kids with me. All of a sudden my relationship with Him has NOTHING to do with religion. It was to do with friendship.

2 comments:

Elizabeth F. said...

Wow, imagine a personal relationship with Christ, who would of thunk it? Very good post!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.