About Me

I am a crazy woman, funny and carefree but type A and anal all at the same time. I have two daughters and a Father who's a King...what more do I need?! My goal on this planet is to help His bride: literally (I plan weddings for a living!) and spiritually (I occasionally offer words of wisdom to loved ones...) Bless us all on this journey!

Jesus and His Girl

Jesus and His Girl

Friday, April 18, 2008

Bowlers and Bloggers


My kids thoroughly entertain me. I get home from the store yesterday and I"m not even in the door when Sky greets me with a HUGE GRIN on her face and says "Mom, can we go eat at a restaurant to celebrate?" (Funny part #1, our celebrations--and our mournings for that matter--always involve food). I ask my normally nonverbal fourth grader what we're celebrating, and she reminds me of her intermural bowling outing after school. She exclaims "AND I got two spares AND I got a strike!!!" (Funny part #2, I've seen Sky bowl. Two spares and a strike are seriously a big deal. Seriously). So I told them if they took a half hour and got their homework done right then and there, we'd go Mcdonalds--gasp--and take it to the park since it was finally nice out. I was mother of the year that's all I'm sayin (Funny part #3, I'd just read an article on processed meats and vowed I'd never feed my kids fast food again. Funny how that notion changes at 5:30pm when arriving home from a day that started at a school conference at 8am). Alas the Mcdonald's tasted fantastic--doesn't it always?!--and the park was packed because we haven't had a 70 degree day since last July I think:) Just another day in the life...

1 comment:

Liz said...

Sounds like fun!!!!