About Me

I am a crazy woman, funny and carefree but type A and anal all at the same time. I have two daughters and a Father who's a King...what more do I need?! My goal on this planet is to help His bride: literally (I plan weddings for a living!) and spiritually (I occasionally offer words of wisdom to loved ones...) Bless us all on this journey!

Jesus and His Girl

Jesus and His Girl

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sky Splitter


Of course you've all heard by now (or you experienced first hand!) the storms Monday night. It was like the Wrath of God hit the skies of northwest Indiana and decided to break them open. It was like WW2 bombers were releasing their cargo in my backyard. I've never heard thunder, never seen lightning, never had it LAST SO LONG as this storm that hit this week. For the first hour or so it was a novelty; the first bad sweep had gone through and knocked a tree down over my street, taking wires with it. So the electricity was out, the candles were on, and at one "calm" point all the neighbors were out in the road with their flashlights, comparing stories. This sense of adventure went sour though, and after 7 HOURS of lightning so bad I was afraid of the strobe effect leading to seizures for Skylar (not an unjustified paranoia for those of you who know her history,) the electricity finally came on at 3am and we were at least able to turn the air and some fans on to block out some of the noise. With that the girls finally fell asleep...to wake up 5 hours later and come to the store for the day! I'm so tired this week I may never recover:)

1 comment:

Elizabeth F. said...

What did you guys in Valpo do to deserve the wrath of God?? LOL! I'm sure that was fun with the girls...