About Me

I am a crazy woman, funny and carefree but type A and anal all at the same time. I have two daughters and a Father who's a King...what more do I need?! My goal on this planet is to help His bride: literally (I plan weddings for a living!) and spiritually (I occasionally offer words of wisdom to loved ones...) Bless us all on this journey!

Jesus and His Girl

Jesus and His Girl

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Victors

Are you the type that wants to be rescued? When circumstances get bad you cry for the cavalry to charge in? I do, and am sorely disappointed when the cavalry never arrives! But I learned a lesson (correction: am learning a lesson!) from a 3 year old little girl at the Y last Sunday night, at the parenting class our church is offering the public. (That of course I"m helping to run!!) This little cutie had never been to the nursery before, and SCREAMED for mommy. Mommy warned us this might happen, and after 10 minutes or so daddy couldn't stand it anymore and started to leave his seat and go get the child. "Please. Just 5 more minutes. She can do it," mom whispered. This was SO uncomfortable for the other people trying to watch the DVD we were showing, hard on the nursery workers, and hard on the little girl!!! B U T. After another 5 minutes that little girl started to interact with the other kids, started to sing some songs in the circle, and started to interact with the other workers in the room. An HOUR AND A HALF later when that sweet little thing was released to her parents, she ran to her mom and squealed "I did it mommy! I did it!"

This moment was HUGE for me. Why doesn't my Heavenly Father rescue me? Doesn't he hear me crying? Doesn't He see how little strength I have left? OF COURSE HE DOES. But oh how He'll rejoice with me, at the end of this situation and every crappy situation after, when I'm able to run to him in victory and cry "I did it Daddy, I did it!"

3 comments:

Nothing said...

OH WOW!! Thanks for sharing that it really ministered to me today...I needed that! Sometimes as a parent I just need to let go, instead of being the one who rescues. And sometimes I need to not ask God..."uh, are you not aware of whats going on here, or what? I am really not as strong as you seem to think I am God" LOL...of course He is aware, and He knows my strength better than I do! I have found that every time I think I can't take anymore, I wake up the next day...that's why we just have to keep our eyes and thoughts on Him, because He is our strength!! I just love Him so much He is ALWAYS faithful.

Elizabeth F. said...

God always stretches us just a little farther than we think we are capable. Without stretching we wouldn't be able to grow in our faith. It's always hard during times like this. We would just like a little heads up on how much longer we need to perservere. he..he... Then we could pace ourselves accordingly.

Jenny W said...

This little girl was here again this week, started crying in the lobby and clinging to daddy cuz she knew what was comin. Mom and dad walked into the class with her, introduced her to the workers, left the room, she screamed for two minutes and by the time the DVD STARTED she was running around playing! The lesson I want to learn: teach me the first time Daddy God, so it doesn't take so long next time!