About Me

I am a crazy woman, funny and carefree but type A and anal all at the same time. I have two daughters and a Father who's a King...what more do I need?! My goal on this planet is to help His bride: literally (I plan weddings for a living!) and spiritually (I occasionally offer words of wisdom to loved ones...) Bless us all on this journey!

Jesus and His Girl

Jesus and His Girl

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Virgin

Ok ok ok...now that November 4th has arrived and I went and voted this morning I'll admit it to the world. Or at least my good friends who read this blog:) I've never voted before!!!!!! ISN'T THAT AWFUL? But I did today, and it was sooooo fun you guys. Just feeling like I'm a part of something so much bigger. Regardless of who we vote for there's such a unity, standing in line with fellow citizens, preparing to color in the little circles. And this year it's exciting because of something I heard George Stephanopolis say: whether a woman wins vice-president or a black man wins president, there's this feeling in all of us that wow, maybe the American Dream really is real. Maybe when I tell my 8 year old daughter she can be president someday I can say it without crossing my fingers behind my back. Maybe the desire to vote and be a citizen of the best country in the world isn't dead. Maybe my generation is patriotic after all. Maybe maybe maybe! I'll be glued to the news tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Nothing said...

I'm glued to the news too! This is only my third time for presidential voting....so I don't think you are awful. I really was never interested...or even knew I should be interested and involved until I was somewhere around 30 I guess. When I was in line waiting to vote, the woman in front of me turned around and said "I am 35 and this is the first time I have voted, is that terrible of me?" I giggled, and then we ended up having a really nice conversation with lots of laughs!!

I think this voting period has really been filled with eagerness and excitement for something new...whether it be the first woman in the vice presidency or the first African-American as president.

Back to the news....

Jenny W said...

he did it!!!!!!!!! i cried from 10pm til 11:20 when i finally had to turn it off and go to bed. i wrote in my journal first though: "planet earth changed today forever." and it's spelled H-O-P-E. i'm so excited!