About Me

I am a crazy woman, funny and carefree but type A and anal all at the same time. I have two daughters and a Father who's a King...what more do I need?! My goal on this planet is to help His bride: literally (I plan weddings for a living!) and spiritually (I occasionally offer words of wisdom to loved ones...) Bless us all on this journey!

Jesus and His Girl

Jesus and His Girl

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

WPF



World Pulse Festival is held in South Bend every year, and was a Christian festival I'd never heard of until a few weeks ago. Several people at our church had free tickets, and Toby Mac and Mandisa (in addition to Skillet who I LOVE and also Casting Crowns) were playing. I have children who are big enough to have their own CDs--and have music in their DNA anyway!--and they were VERY IMPRESSED that I trusted them in their big-girl-ness to embark on an adventure like this. 50,000 people descended on this Indiana town to mark the last weekend of summer before school started, and it was amazing!!! Sunny and hot and crowded, but we loved it! And all you girlfriends who know me know that a day of cutie tattooed musicians screaming onstage about how much they love Jesus is just about as good a Saturday as you can get:) The best parts: going through the World Vision tent called "The African Experience" and having my Hannah writing notes to these forgotten African babies about how Jesus hasn't forgotten them. And my Skylar, watching her dance and worship and sing these loud songs, just like the preteen she is, excited about being big and being at a concert. People may think I"m lame for just wanting to hang out with my kids all the time, but I know I'll look back on these days with them THANKFUL that the three of us have created so many good memories!

2 comments:

Elizabeth F. said...

Exactly...you will not look back on these years and wish you had spent it somewhere else or with anyone else! Soak it in...because as we all can see your girls are growing like weeds and will be grown before we all blink. he..he..

It does sound like a good time!

Jenny W said...

yeah sky was 5'2 at the fair, and that was like 6 weeks ago. i'm 5'4and she's seriously almost looking me in the eye evenly...so she's grown almost an inch and a half probably in 6 weeks. i kid you not. she and i wear the same shoe! and the coolest thing is, at this hot crowded loud concert she completely enjoyed herself, not overstimulated or nervouse for even a second. is it possible to "outgrow" autistic tendencies?! i guess in the Kingdom anything's possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!